Monday, July 6, 2009

How I knew I wasn't in the City anymore...

Don't get me wrong - I love my small town upbringing and I love visiting my family and friends in that small town. I love that there are places all over this country for people to live where they love - the lakes, the mountains, the farms, the lofts, the country, the city, and burbs and the small towns. I just also know that I am not "small town" anymore and much prefer my city living. I like my close neighbors, my sidewalks, my schools, museums, shops and coffee in close proximity. I am happy with my choices and circumstance.

And really, I am okay with going home once a year to see men without shirts driving in their pick-up trucks, smoking, with a hula girls shakin' it on their dashes, hearing that Obama is the anti-christ, and looking for a place to park my horses. Really. Now how to convince my family and friends to come visit more often and appreciate my non-church going, lesbian, making-out neighbors, and a good cup of coffee??

To each their own I guess. God bless America.
xoxo,t

1 comment:

Kristi Pohl said...

welcome home! and you missed seeing your girl in concert last night, but the Pi Press had some nice shots of her...

Related Posts with Thumbnails