Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Beginnings...

34 years ago in a galaxy far, far away..well, actually in Blaine, MN...a little girl named Tracy started Kindergarten. Wasn't she cute in her green plaid Brady Bunch-esque outfit.

Present day - more plaid, and Eloise's 1st day of Kindergarten. My favorite part of the day was when Eloise put on her plaid jumper dress and said "Mom, what brand is this because it doesn't feel like Oilily." No my dear..it's cheap poly-knit Catholic School uniform plaid..get used to it...yuck.

I think she is ready for School Pictures - do you think?
Can you tell she is excited?!
..oh, sad Esther getting comfort from her Sally Cat...all I heard all day..."but I will miss my Ewoise, I weally miss my Ewoise..when is she coming home?"
..getting ready for the 1st bell so we can walk in the school...
..yes, it is poly-knit plaid from head to toe...headband, jumper dress, socks..
..she still looks happy with her new fairy to keep her company at school today...
..first time in her classroom - do you see the change in facial expressions - that happy look up there has now turned into the uncertain look down here...
..still a bit uncertain with her teacher the sweet Sister Sara...
..AND at pick-up today..I cannot get the smile to come off of her face..she was BEAMING when I picked her up..she says she should go to Kindergarten every day as it is so fun..and tomorrow they are learning Spanish, Music and Art....just look at that sweet, big, girl...my sweet, big, kindergarten, girl..I am so proud of you and love you dearly, my sweet girl...

..so sweet we need to celebrate with some Izzy's as a special treat...
..did I mention that I know I am the luckiest mom in the world?

6 comments:

Heather said...

yay! i'm glad the day was a success! LOL about the dress not feeling like oilily. you've trained her well!

Melanie said...

i find it so ironic that your dd has to wear a uniform to school. what are you going to do w/ all her clothes?!

i am happy for you guys! ;)

Jaci said...

LOL @ Mel's comment....that's exactly what I was thinking.

I'm so glad she had a good time in school!

Heather - Hopelessly Flawed said...

I was thinking what Mel was thinking too! lol

Eloise is adorable as always, and I'm so glad she had a fun day! Poor little Esther though. :( That's exactly how it is at our house too.

It sounds like you handled the first day much better than I did - I was a wreck. Good for you mom!

Tracy said...

So much irony around here - the uniform, the Catholic thing...whew I might just vote for McCain..NOT.

my hope my faith my love said...

You are teaching her well in the fashion dept.

Related Posts with Thumbnails