Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Pumpkin Muffins and Baby Poop...

Tis the season for Pumpkins. And pumpkin muffins.

The cool wet, rainy, windy, cold, dismal, just generally shitty Winter like Fall weather this weekend put me in the mood for something warm and comforting.

Well yes, of course brandy..but that is not what this post is about.

I have a very easy peasy recipe for Pumpkin Muffins. Easy is good.

Problem is, once I mixed up the batter, it looked like a big bowl of Astrid's baby poop. Oh yeah, you remember that breastfed baby poop don't you?

Well if you have forgotten, mix up a bowl of this and it will all come rushing back to you. Just don't get the 2 mixed up literally when baking with a newborn. Shit happens ya know.

I crack myself up.

Anyway - make them if you dare - the poop memories are totally worth it.

Moist and easy Pumpkin Muffins
1 small can pumpkin(what are they like 15oz?)
1/3c. oil
2 eggs
1 1/2 c white sugar
1 1/2 c flour
1 t baking powder
1/2 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
1 1/2 t cinnamon

Throw it all together and mix it up well and admire it's baby poop look and consistency.

Pour into your muffin pan

Sprinkle a bit of a cinnamon/sugar mix on top of each muffin.

Bake about 28 minutes in a 350 oven.

Eat and don't think about baby poop.
xoxo,t

5 comments:

Tracy said...

off to the kitchen. Might add chocolate chips!

Amy M. said...

I want your recipe for the swedish pancake:) Thanks Amy

Kristi Pohl said...

promise me you'll never write a cookbook.

Rachelle said...

Hahaha... sorry, but here I am mostly laughing at Kristi's comment about you not writing a cookbook. I mean, the poop would spoil it. But, the muffins do sound delightful...

Janell said...

Hey! I made these muffins this weekend - - awesome! Topped them with whipping cream while they were still warm. I'm still thinking about them (too bad they are gone already!!!)

Related Posts with Thumbnails