Friday, May 23, 2008

Tips from the Lawn Chair Gardener...

Memorial Day Weekend is almost here! I am sure many of you are all ready to spend some quality time in your gardens this weekend! I probably won't post much this weekend, as I will be enjoying some quality time with my girlies(NOT in my garden)..so I thought I would throw some tips up here to motivate YOU to garden...or perhaps to come over to my house and garden so that I can watch you and sip my spiked iced tea whilst you sweat. Sound good?

Gardening Tip #3.
When my window box still looks like this...

...and my neighbors planters look like this...

It is a good indication to BUY FLOWERS!!! (gosh, I am helpful...)

Gardening Tip #4
...hhhmmmm, something is missing in this picture...

...oh yes, BUY TOMATOES to actually put in the wire thingys that I left up all Winter. Currently I am just using them as lawn ornaments. ( and yes those are weeds around it - I will cover that in another segment.)

Enjoy your long and lovely weekend - and remember to come on over to my house and garden all you wish.
xoxo...

Oh, P.S...here is that evil, ugly plant again...it's taunting me now when I am playing with the girls in the backyard. Someone please come take it away...for good...please, pretty please...

1 comment:

ginny said...

I think it's time to plant some things. The girls will love watering everything for you. In fact, I bet they would love to dig the hole to plant them in and even plant your WHOLE garden. OR Get yourself a hoe (that thing with the LONG handle) you could dig the hole - they could touch the dirt! What a fun project. I'm pretty sure you also need to do the perennial flower thing. Eloise has some seeds to also plant for the butterflies. Remember "they can only bloom where planted!"

Related Posts with Thumbnails