Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Channelling Hillary...

I likened myself to Hillary last week. In my experience, it's a good thing and a bad thing.

Now, I like Hillary. A lot. She was "my" candidate last year, and I was quite sad when she didn't get the nomination. I like Hillary. I like everything about Hillary except for the fact that she forgave her cheating and most of all lying husband. Now, don't get me wrong - I am also a big Bill fan and thought he was a great president. I just don't like when people lie..especially to their wives.

Anyway, one thing I had in common with Hillary was cankles. Oh my word - have you ever had cankles? Me neither! They pumped me so full of fluid before my "c" that I had MASSIVE cankles for 5 days. It was awful. They are gone now...so I just have my midsection cankle to deal with now.
Photobucket
I would also like to thank Hillary for popularizing "it takes a village" back in the 90's. My village rocks! I came home to a fridge and pantry full of food a la Kristi. We had meals provided every night for a week, coordinated by the neighbors on our block, we received homemade cookies, and muffins, and gorgeous peaches and yummy wine. It seemed every time I opened my door, I was met by another gesture of kindness.

It was hard to believe this week, that we live in a large city. We are feeling pretty lucky lately.
xoxo, t

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooh, loving that sweet baby girl. And if you're channeling Hillary can I channel your legs? Just for a few days? please!!!

Kristi Pohl said...

my feelings about Hillary aside, I love how Astrid is already learning how to pose for you! that color combination is delightful.

Melanie said...

I agree with Kristi, Astrid is gorgeous & already such an agreeable little model!
And, yes, we are familiar with cankles here...all of my kids have had them as babies...I will neither cofirm nor deny any cankles of my own...

Heather said...

wow! astrid is precious!!!

and i totally feel ya on that rotten bill. i'm a hillary girl too!

Melanie said...

love hillary, cankles and all. bill has grown on me since he left office. i mean not ON me, though i'm sure he'd like that. he's a chubby chaser, right?

anyhoo, totally had cankles after my c as well. i remember the day the shape of my ankles came back quite distinctly.

Related Posts with Thumbnails