Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Post delayed today...

Sorry to not post what I was going to post when I posted today at my typical posting time of 5:30 AM, but there is a bat in my house and he is blocking my entry to the office computer.

Yes, a bat.

We get quite a few during the year, especially this time of year when the evenings cool down.


It is so lovely to wake-up during the night with a bat screaming and hitting the walls and a cat doing amazing air born jumps to catch the bat quite unsuccessfully. Especially after already being up all night with a baby.

I love my life.


So, I have trapped the bat in our downstairs bathroom for now, but had to close the door to the office entry also to keep the bat contained. My pictures are all saved on my office desktop computer...so no amazing post today because of the bat.


The damn bat.


We have no idea where these bats come in, but I want them out.


I am being nice and waiting until 6am to wake up Jed to get rid of the bat. I don't do bats. I am currently under my comforter with Astrid and my laptop protecting us from further bat invasions.

Do you have bats in your house? Any ideas how to make the madness stop?


xoxo,t

4 comments:

Melanie said...

No bats here, hope yours are gone soon...but I can't get past the fact that your routine posting time is 5:30 am! You are da'woman!

Grammy said...

Call the exterminator! Enough of all the rodents in your home. PLEASE.....

Tina said...

when you wake up on halloween with your yeard covered in bats...it wasn't me. :0p

My cousin is prone to bats. She's moved twice & still, they find her. It's fun to "bat" her house at Halloween. hehe

Jaci said...

Um, next time you need to put a warning at the top of your post....maybe something like WARNING: THIS POST CONTAINS PICTURES OF INCREDIBLY CREEPY UGLY CREATURES INSTEAD OF THE USUAL ADORABLE WELL-DRESSED CHILDREN YOU ARE USED TO SEEING IN MY BLOG POSTS.

Or something....

Related Posts with Thumbnails