Friday, August 28, 2009

Cute as a Cupcake...

The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart. ~Elisabeth Foley

I have a friend named Michelle. We met in 7th grade.

After leaving Indiana 22 years ago, I think I have seen Michelle maybe 3 times...maybe.

But my nephews play baseball with her nephew.

So, we still may hear news about each other even though we don't have the occasion to speak anymore.

I love small towns - even though I don't want to live in one.

A few days ago, a box arrived containing the cutest hat in the world for Astrid.

Michelle made it, just for Astrid.

..and because Michelle is an amazing women and very thoughtful mom - she also made and sent each of my big girls a new purse.

Thank you, Michelle...I am humbled by your gifts, talents and thoughtfulness - even after all of these years of our separate adult lives.

xoxo,t


3 comments:

Grammy said...

What precious pictures! Astrid is so beautiful, as are the other girls! The hat is quite becoming and the purses look interesting. How fun to treasure friendship.

Anonymous said...

beautiful pics of Astrid (as always), but she MADE those purses??? Those are so fun! Did she just sew them together?

Tracy said...

Yes, she did sew them - I found a tutorial on the web..
http://www.mormonchic.com/crafty/juice-pouch-purse.asp

My girls LOVE them!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails