Monday, August 17, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook August 17, 2009


For Today...August 17, 2009...

Outside my window
... Darkness and a cool morning. Fall is coming and I am so glad. I am not a good Summer person. Give me cold and snow any day over heat and humidity.

I am thankful for... my big girls and the way they love and care for their baby sister. They are such lovely little girls and I am so proud of them.

From the kitchen..I braved the grocery store this weekend with all 3 kids. I think I will actually cook a few meals this week. Eloise and I made homemade zucchini bread yesterday with zucchini fresh from my mom's garden. It is heavenly.

I am wearing... A milk stained t-shirt and sweats. I am really way to sexy for my shirt right now.

I am reading... I had to quit reading The Shack, by William P. Young. It was causing me to be WAY TOO DEPRESSED. I understand the book is really about this guys relationship with God and finding peace and understanding, and having us take a fresh look at our stereotypes are about God, Jesus, etc..which for me would be a great read because as you may know from knowing me or reading my blog, I am not a big fan of church..no matter how much I believe in God or what I have faith in...but I could not get past the tragedy that happens in the beginning of the book. I will try to read it in 20 years when I don't have young children perhaps.

I am hoping... to get my office/paperwork/ebay/Matilda Jane/school papers/bills - ALL organized this week. It is a pit.

I am creating... the birth announcement...is it too late to send one now?

Around the house...starting the transition from Summer closets to Fall closets and finding a place for baby's wardrobe since the girls all have to share now. Does the baby really need a wardrobe yet?

One of my favorite things... watching Eloise sit in a chair, all curled up and reading CHAPTER books to herself for hours. Oh my I am in serious love with this child. I love that she LOVES to read. She is so ready for 1st grade.

A few plans for the rest of the week... Cleaning house, some play-dates, trips to the park, thank you notes finished.

Here is a picture that I am sharing with you... taken her first few days - I am so sad that at 3.5 weeks she has grown so much. I am savoring every minute here while she is so little.


To read more Daybook posts or to learn how to participate visit The Simple Woman's Daybook.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet picture... I want to come get some snuggles with her! Never too late to send an announcement!!

Anonymous said...

Please send an announcement with her sweet picture. I want to share with my friends.
I am sooo proud of Eloise.Reading is the key to success!!
I wish I could send this info to all the parents who don't take the time to read to their kids.
Signed Ex Kindergarten First Grade Teacher

Melanie said...

I sent Drew's announcements at (gasp) 2 months! You've still got lots of time!!! Don't you just love seeing them curled up with a book, one of my favorite sights around here, too! And I have to agree with you again, the sibling relationship/bond is one of my favorite things to observe. After you organize/transition your kids' clothes, can you come do mine? That is one project that I KEEP putting off! Have a great week!

Related Posts with Thumbnails