Sunday, August 3, 2008

100 things...

I just noticed that I surpassed the magic 100 posts number on my blog. It was my intention to write a post that day with 100 things about myself. However, now I see it is no longer that day.

Do you think that is how my 40th birthday will be this year. I will be 39 years and 360 days old and then all of a sudden look at the calender and realize that I am now 40 years and 6 days old? I can only dream. (but that would mean I would miss Christmas too - now that would be sad).

Also, when I sat down to think about 100 things about myself...I had some trouble.

So today..I will start my post on 100 things..and see how far I get(and before Esther wakes up and my day changes)...

100 Incredibly Interesting Things About Me:
1. I am in morning person.
2. I still sleep with a lovey
3. I am deeply addicted to coffee and probably drink a pot a day..and I am proud of this.
4. I like red wine and drink no other alcoholic beverages.
5. Yes, I was a cheerleader in high school("Go Bears!")
6. ..but I never dated the football players
7. I was NOT arrested at the LK Motel the Summer of 1986.
8. The best concert I ever attended was Arlo Guthrie at a small theater in Ventura, California.
9. The longest I have ever lived anywhere is right here and right now for 6 years and I am getting itchy.
10. I lived in Fargo, ND once.
11. I also lived in Amsterdam.
12. I used to talk with a southern accent and still like to bring it out for fun.
13. I never wanted kids when I was little - I wanted to be a high-powered lawyer living in a white marble apartment in Manhattan with my 3 cats.
14. Being a mom is the best thing that ever happened to me.
15. I love to hear my girls talk about all of the babies they want to have.
16. I never thought I would be a stay at home mom - and thank God(and Jed) every day that I am so lucky to be one.
17. I was baptized Catholic, grew up Methodist and sometimes think about being Jewish.
18. When I was little my favorite meal was the Petite Cut steak at Mr. Steak...now I don't eat meat.
19. I am afraid of worms(oh wait, you knew that)
20. My girls are NOT afraid of worms - thank goodness they will be able to garden for me soon.
21. Designer handbags do nothing for me. I am perfectly happy to carry a bag from Target.
22. I love Target.
23. Designer shoes do nothing for me.
24. But I am addicted to comfort shoes and obsess a bit over my Naot's.
25. Maybe I like comfort shoes because I am a runner and my feet look gross because I like all of my callouses for running.
26. I do not like pedicures and passed out during my last one as I was so uncomfortable.
27. I have each of my ears pierced 3 times.
28 I have 2 tattoos.
29. I really don't listen to much music and have never owned a discman/walkman/i-pod.
30. I wear glasses.
31. I am a cat person.
32. Now that I am a mom, I am afraid to fly.
33. I love to read and need to figure out how to have more time to read.
34. Tulips are my favorite flower - they just always seem so happy.
35. Winter is my favorite season - I love the cold and snow.

...more later...Esther is up...

2 comments:

Jaci said...

Love it....can't wait to read 65 more things about you. Good thing you love winter, living in MN and all. As for reading....I squeeze in a little extra reading time in the bathtub. LOL!

Heather - Hopelessly Flawed said...

I am such a dweeb. I thought you WERE Jewish! lol

Related Posts with Thumbnails