Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Mamma Mia!!!

Holy carp - sorry but I am overwhelmed right now. Have you seen THE movie - my word...I have no words. I don't remember LOVING a movie so much...EVER...EVER. I really really wanted to jump out of my seat and start dancing through the aisles of the theater. Why didn't I anyway? Seriously, unbelievable. I have always loved ABBA..but now, even more.

What a lovely story - for a woman, for a mom, for a daughter, for anyone. Romantic, lovely, touching, hilarious, so true, so meaningful, so full of life and love.
The movie takes place on a Greek Island..and brought me back to the years that Jed and I traveled...and especially when we sailed through the Greek and Turkish Islands...these types of movies, that make me go rummaging through my old stacks of photographs sometimes make me vacillate between being grateful for the life I have today, melancholy for the life I had then, and appreciative for having had them both.
As this movie has touched me so deeply to go in search of our vacation photos..I had to scan them in to share with you our pre-digital age travels to the islands. Yes, that is me, pretending to be Aphrodite in her lovely ruins....the ship we sailed...and our favorite restaurant from the trip...
..oh, Mamma Mia...I am coming back soon...
xoxo, t

..my favorite ABBA song..

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really? Everyone has been raving about it but your description just converted me. I usually wait for the dvd but it looks like I'll have to make the effort to see it on the big screen.

Melanie said...

oh i want to see it so badly. maybe i'll have to take my mom b/c dh won't go near it!

Anonymous said...

this is one of the few plays i've actually seen, which ended up being great... it's funny to think of ol' Pierce taking a stab at singing though, yeeesh

Kristi Pohl said...

you should tell your dear readers that if they click on the picture of you they can get a better look at Aphrodite...

what a fantastic trip! at least you have those memories, some of us can just dream about a Greek Isle...or go and see Mamma Mia multiple times!

Related Posts with Thumbnails