Monday, August 4, 2008

I have entered another dimension..

I am not a nerd, not a geek, not a techo-person, not an innovator, not really anything when it comes to technology. I have never owned a portable music player, anything considered a gadget, I am seriously lacking in skills when it comes to the computer. If I have an issue, I just close the computer and silently cry and stroke it and hope it comes back to life..and then call in my IT consultant(Jed) to fix it for me. I don't really know how to use the T.V., DVD, VCR..I hope my car never gets GPS cuz I have never been lost and GPS is a product purely designed for men - as they DO get lost, and I don't need it.

I am not a gadget girl..my life is simple..my cell phone is circa 2002 and it works just fine, darn it.

...but on Thursday, I picked up this baby...I have named her Carolle(the French spelling and pronunciation), because she makes me feel all sexy and cool and with-it and just wow....

Can I just tell you, that within 12 hours I am so deep in techo-land-love that I am a convert. Technology is a wonderful thing. I was checking my email at red lights, shopping at Amazon.com at the playground, and booking Matilda Jane Shows while gardening(okay that part is made up - you know I don't garden).

Life is good!
xoxo, t

3 comments:

Kristi Pohl said...

now you can go down the rabbit hole no matter where you go or who you are with, shall I start calling you Alice?

I am SOOOO jealous....

ginny said...

I am not jealous because I have no idea what this is! I do well to work my microwave, which I never wanted back in 1984 - and of course now can't live without. We have cable TV and when Jack leaves for a few days I basically can't watch TV. I have an MP3 player, which Troy has to download the songs. And how did we ever live without having a telephone on us 24hours a day carrying on personal conversations in front of strangers. I just bought a record player, which of course also has a cassette player and CD player - now I can listen to all my 60's music and some of the 33's, 78's and 45's that I have. Please, please don't introduce me to another new thing!

Heather - Hopelessly Flawed said...

I have an itouch which is cool, and I was all psyched to get an iphone...until i learned that you have to have at&t! wth? :(

Related Posts with Thumbnails