Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I have Butterflies in my Belly...

..and it is almost as exciting as going to my first high school dance.

Except I do not plan on wearing blue taffeta, blue eyeshadow, aqua net, or white tights.

Guess who is coming to Minnesota this Saturday?

My blog idol is coming(well actually my 2nd blog idol, after Michelle)...I would totally wear taffeta if Michelle was coming to Minnesota.

The Pioneer Woman is coming for a book signing. I am so there. This is seriously even better than trying to meet Gwen Stefani.

I have been fretting for 2 weeks about what I will wear, what I will say and will I sweat profusely enough to need a change of outfits before it is my turn to meet her.

Will she notice me, will she notice my baby, will she notice my red Lucchese boots? Will Astrid scream at her if she tries to hold her. If Astrid cries, will I?

Should I camp out, should I camp out with my baby, what time should I get in line? Should I bring coffee? Wine? Presents? Breath spray? How many books? Hair up or down? Skinny jeans or bootcut?

It's hard to be almost 41 and so insecure. But hot damn...2 1/2 days til PW is HERE. I even bought new mascara.

xoxo,t

10 comments:

Rachelle said...

You are too much. You always bring a smile and a chuckle. Bring on the Pioneer Woman. You saunter in there with your cowgirl boots on. She's gonna love ya!

Anonymous said...

I am so totally and completely flattered. I would pull out my seagreen taffeta for you!

Shirley said...

If you really want to get noticed in a pair of jeans.
You and everyone else should try on Notice Me Jeans.
It enhances your butt naturally, by making it rounder and smoother. Get noticed in butt-lifting jeans.
Cheers.
Check out the web site.
Good luck at the book signing.

http://www.noticemejeans.com

ginny said...

Reading this has now given me pains of guilt. It's your first picture and the talk of wearing blue taffeta! OMG please lord tell me she doesn't want me to send her that dress. After ALL these years of saving this dress I fianlly donated it to a thift shop JUST 1 month ago! SEE, that's why I save EVERYTHING -just in case you ask for something from the past:) WHEW, enjoy your outing in your red boots (any chance you would be interested in those pink hightop tennis shoes?)

Tracy said...

OMG Mom, I was actually just going to ask you to bring me that dress. Seriously. ;)

Wendy said...

Oh Oh Oh oh oh oh oh !!! I want to come with you!! You are going to have so much fun and yes, she is going to notice your baby, because, well, she *is* the most delicious baby around. And I think you can rock the skinny jeans. :) And if it were me, I'd bring a big ol' basket of something tasty, cause I am a suck up that way. LOL. Have fun!

Amanda M. said...

OMG! I cannot wait to see pics of this event!!

Melanie said...

she's in chicago tonight, but it's REALLY FAR away, so i decided not to go. but now i wish i were going.....

Kristi Pohl said...

We have to come up with our game plan, I don't have the 'inside scoop' yet (too busy with lockdown drills at the MOA this week...) but I will keep working on it!

Heather said...

how exciting!!! she will notice you for sure and love you too...especially with the boots! and astrid for sure! she's a sucker for sweet little babies! can't wait to hear all about it...

Related Posts with Thumbnails