Friday, January 1, 2010

Getting my Moxie on...



I don't have a resolution for the New Year.

Mainly because I fell over this morning when I realized that I have been alive during SIX decades now. SIX.

That is a lot.

So I have decided to have some Moxie this year - courage to try new things, to speak my mind and to take care of business, and to let things GO.

Top 3 Moxie projects - to overcome my fears of baking with yeast, cooking with phyllo and sewing with interfacing...in that order.

Oh yeah baby, my life is full of excitement, intrigue and mystery.

Then my honey-do list just got like HUGE and my new moxie macho is going to kick some asses in gear and I am going have me a damn front door finished STAT. - or perhaps after my MacBook is repurchased thankyouverymuch.

..and I want to get back to doing Yoga 3 times per week. Mainly to eliminate the roll of skin/flab/gross as all get out thingamabob hanging like shelf over my c-section scar. Help me here ladies - especially those of you with 3+ c-sections...now, this thing on my belly did not exist after c's 1 or 2 - but holy hell it is there now. Is this normal? Is it removable? Will I never wear a bikini again? Okay, at 41 I don't need a bikini anyway, but a girl can hope? Help!

I also need to realize that with the moxie I can do just about anything I want to do and be - except being a stripper. That window has thankfully passed.

I would also like botox to remove the number 11 from my forehead. Can you put botox on a Christmas list now. I am thinking that is very 2010? That is a huge big ball of moxie just waiting to happen.

Getting my Moxie on.
t.

8 comments:

Kate said...

Love your blog Tracy! I too, am scared of baking with yeast. Why does it never turn out? And all the good stuff, like cinnamon rolls need yeast. Keep us posted on your progress. :)

Amanda said...

tracy, i have a shelf as well. i asked my ob to fix it for me and she said that "it always looks normal to her at the time, it's just the way your stomach heals." hmm. not sure about that, but i do know that i HATE it! my key to success until i can get that tummy tuck: lululemon groove pants. they keep everything "in". happy new year!!!

Sahnya said...

Wow! Looking foward to hearing about a year of moxie as described from your macbook! Oh ... I am a yeast baker (with a doughacious middle roll to prove it!) ... if you want any good and non-complicated recipes let me know!

Amanda M. said...

I can't wait to hear about the baking with yeast. I am also yeast-baking-phobic.

Ann said...

I haven't had three c-sections, but I have carried three pregnancies, and I also have the roll of skin/flab/gross. :( Sadly, I think exercise and eating right are the cures for it, and I don't believe in those things!
No yeast baking here either, but my mom is the queen of it!

Stacey said...

I so think your #11 is gone...

Go w/ Botox...
I'm getting the laser hair removal...

JJlobitz said...

I think your New Year's resolution is also mine. Moxie. I like it. Just like I like your blog!

The Planet Pink said...

I the the shelf is definitely a C thing. I never had it until my 4th baby came out via C. Sucks. Seriously, the injustice of it all.

Related Posts with Thumbnails