Friday, April 25, 2008

Skeggings...say it with me now...skeggings...



..one of the greatest inventions of the 21st century. I hope that one day my great, great, great children will be reading about the invention of the skegging and enjoying pictures of their ancestors wearing them. :-)

We LOVE skeggings in this household. My girls love to wear dresses and skirts - especially the ones that twirl - the bigger the twirl, the better. Because of the twirliness in our household, I have invested in a wardrobe of leggings, capris and bike shorts to wear under the twirliness factor..for just a bit of modesty while twirling in public. Not that I am a prude or anything, I mean come on..look how I can dress at times, and then there are my tattoos, and all..I don't want to get a bad reputation for getting all prude-like. I just like a bit of modesty with my wee girls...and they can do the whole skin showing, tattoo thing when they are older too. (gosh, I hope Jed isn't reading this...)

Anyhow, I realize the skort(shorts/skort combo...duh) has been around for awhile..but a few seasons ago, a brilliant fashion designer came up with the Skegging - a skirt with attached leggings underneath...and the World changed for all mother's of twirly skirted girls. I have no idea who invented them...but I thank you from the bottom of my heart...and my girls do to.

The word is really fun to say...skeggings...skeggings...it is a word we use almost daily in our household and my girls ask to wear their skeggings by name...it really makes me smile and amuses me so. (yes, I know, get a life)...

I did notice though, that even though the Skort is defined by both dictionary.com and wikipedia.org...that Skeggings are not yet defined as a real world. I think this will be my mission in 2008, for the World to adopt Skeggings as a word, and to give it the important place and notoriety in our society that it deserves.

In the meantime, enjoy the girls wearing their skegging sets from Luna Luna Copenhagen.....

4 comments:

Melanie said...

tracy, while i do love the skeggings, i am fixated upon the idea of you have tats... do you really have them?

Tracy said...

..uh yes I do - you seriously can't be all that surprised by that info... :-)

Anonymous said...

Yup, that's what stuck with me too! Are you gonna show us what ya got? :D

Tracy said...

I guess this gives me another blog topic. :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails