Monday, April 14, 2008

Spring Cleaning Day...

Well, it was 29 degrees yesterday morning and the snow was mostly melted, so it's time here in Minnesota to rake out the yuck from the gardens. After the leaves were gone, you could see all of the little sprouts of flowers and plants starting to come-up already - these are no Southern Sissy plants - these are hardy Northern guys that come-up with it's still freezing and snowing...that seems a bit strange to me.

Anyway, my mom handed the girls their rakes and off they went to work - NOTE: I don't do yard work or gardening or anything that has to do with dirt and yucky stuff. I just don't...and I am okay with it. Sometimes I wish I had a beautiful lawn, manicured greenery and a delightful garden...oh, and a hired gardener to do it for me...but I don't and I'm comfortable with my decision.

So, whilst the girls and my mom raked and worked hard, I took their pictures(gosh, I never thought about it before, but that is a really good reason to become a photographer...I can just watch people work hard now..cool!), and reminded them occasionally not to get their clothes too muddy as it would effect the resale value on ebay.

..some photos of my work today. :-)(I just got a new lens and I'm loving it!)

Eloise Hard at Work...note the grumpy face

Esther Hard at Work - note the upside down rake...

I don't want to rake, I want to play now - it's been 2 minutes...


I threw down the rake and will now jump on snowballs..

I think I want to swing instead and watch everyone else work...
...hhhmmm I wonder what this is stuck on my mitten...

Eloise - yes, I am still raking - see my grumpy look...

Seriously, Mom...stop taking my picture...

Yes, I am still raking - but don't I look cute in my Matilda Jane outfit, Oilily boots and Mini Boden jacket! (okay, she didn't say that...that is what I was thinking...)


Rewards for doing such a great job! Yes, it's picnic weather in Minnesota.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

I don't know what is crazier, the fact that I recognized the brand names of your children's outfits or the fact that you LET YOUR CHILDREN RAKE LEAVES in matilda jane, boden & oilily!! LOL

How is that Mini Boden jacket? I have been searchign high & low for a decent spring jacket for Catie. I wanted something more like a trench, but I can't find ANYTHING!

Jaci said...

Seriously, what Mel said! I would have been, like, OMG, don't get dirty. Just stand there and PRETEND like you're raking so I can take your picture. LOL!!!!

pinkebody said...

Gasp! You let them do yard work in those clothes eeek. You are one brave mama.

You did get some great pics with your new lens tho ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails